Friday, July 17, 2015

SKETCHBOOK: "Dinos in Smackover"

I suppose it is appropriate that I am posting about dinosaur bones, since I just got back home after attending my 40th HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! I spent several days after the event sketching with my Mom.  Below are the results!

These were taken at the Arkansas Oil and Brine Museum in Smacker, Arkansas. A nice display of a traveling exhibit.

Mom and I drove around El Dorado and sketched from her air-conditioned car. There was a heat advisory most of the time I was there. Love stopping and drawing construction equipment!
Here are a couple of vehicles...a great old restored Chevy truck, and my Mom's new riding lawnmower. 
This last item is a vase that my grandmother gave to Mom years ago. Fun to sketch it!

5 comments:

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Very cool stuff! I'd love to see the dinosaurs...

Louise Talley said...

Oh Warren, so interesting. You know you may be "addicting me to this stuff". I love it. Back in high school did you do a cartoon of the cafeteria lady carrying an armadillo on a plate?

Warren Ludwig said...

Thanks Kate...I agree...it would be cool to see real dinos. But I would not like for it to turn out like the movie, Jurrasic Park.

Warren Ludwig said...

And Louise...yes, I did draw a cartoon of that description in high school. Ha! I don't think I made a lot of the staff at the school happy with my cartoons.

Don Low said...

Love them all!